The latest issue of GooseNews, the newsletter of the Goose & Swan Monitoring Programme, has been published today.
The new issue of GooseNews has been published and is now available to download from the GSMP Reports and newsletter archive. As always, it contains a summary of all the latest results from GSMP surveys – further details of which can be found on the relevant GSMP species accounts.
This year GooseNews also contains articles on:
- the management of British Greylag Geese
- continued problems with lead poisoning
- the results of a tracking study of Taiga Bean Geese that winter on the Slamannan Plateau
- an update on Greenland White-fronted Goose conservation
- latest research on migration of East Atlantic Light-bellied Brent Geese
- and an interview with the Coordinator of Canadian Light-bellied Brent Goose colour-marking, Graham McElwaine.
We hope you find it an interesting read!